Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Overload!!!

Trying to focus on game development for the last couple weeks has been difficult.  School started back up for the kidlets, wife back to school, dog needs a bath and theres a hole in my shoe... lol


Its definitely been slow for development, but at least I sorted out a shortcoming in my tileset importer... some tilesets come with borders and some with a spaced edge... so I had to adjust my tileset handling code to allow for those situations... including a transform button to remove the lines and edge


The path stuff took a back-burner but I've basically got an advanced, but unproven, A* pathfinding system done.  That probably means some run-testing and adjustments bit I'm feeling confident about it but its not yet essential.  What is are paths... so I coded a path system:  paths using path nodes and a path traveler class.  Untested as of yet :)


I had another thought about the vectorized character maker idea I had... I don't even think it would take that long to make... hmmm.  Yet another distraction... I should sketch it for later lol


I'm not really sure where I got the time to do what little I did... its been slow with other responsibilities.  Oh well, life goes on, and I'll just keep pecking away at the project.


Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment