Friday, November 13, 2009

Seek and Find my way through the rest

It seems to me that my biggest obstacle is obtaining media for my projects.  I have tonnes of TileSets and Character Sheets that I have downloaded from the internet to use as placeholders, but the sheer lack of original artwork is forcing me to reconsider what I am producing with it.  My original plan was to make a platformer style game for kids, but I'm now working towards a seek and find.

The reason is that I can crop a good image and have a decent camera... a seek and find is a few days of snapping and cropping.  Ok, maybe a few more than that.  But the point is that its achievable whereas drawing original artwork is not unless I want the game to look like it was made by a child LOL.  The nice thing about that is, I should have pretty much everything I need once this GUI is done, save the sound system... AXEGUI itself will be the interaction layer with the objects, since it already possesses some interesting capabilities as far as a seek and find goes.    More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment